Microbe Cards: Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Study Cards (Boxed Set or App)
Microbe Cards are designed to look like classic trading cards, with color images, diagrams and text to explain medically important microbes.
- The set contains 103 color-coded cards organized into gram-positive bacteria, gram-negative bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites.
- The front of each card displays a unique collection of microscopic and clinical images, contributed by infectious disease experts around the world.
- The back of each card lists six features of the organism: diseases caused, pathogenesis, immunity, epidemiology, diagnosis, and control.
- An outline of the human body on the back of the card shows at a glance where the organisms cause disease.
With the app your can:
- Browse cards in Card Flow view, or alphabetically by "Name" or "Type."
- Organize custom collections by saving either search results or individual selections into "Stacks."
- Quiz yourself using "Search." Type in a key word; results show cards containing that key word. Example: Which bacteria have a capsule (outer defensive covering)? Type in "capsule"; results show 10 bacteria and one fungus that are encapsulated.
- iPhone and iPod Touch versions support portrait and landscape orientations, and spread-and-pinch zoom.
App List and ASM Member Price: $19.99
For more information and to make a purchase, please visit: http://eyecuecards.com.
50% off for student volume purchases.
For a demo movie, thumbnails and features, see the Microbe Cards product page: http://eyecuecards.com/microbecards.html
There are no separately available contributors for this publication.