Antibiogram is the first English edition of the original French work published in 1985. Over the last twenty years, new categories of antibiotics have entered the market and numerous forms of resistance have appeared and multiplied. The revised volume comprehensively incorporates all of the major developments that have occurred in the field since the publication of the first edition.
The book is comprised of four sections: the antibiogram principles and methods, the antibiogram of the principal bacterial groups, technical specifications for antibiotics case studies, and appendixes and definitions.
With contributions made by more than fifty authors, this new volume is intended primarily for bacteriologists and biologists working in laboratory settings, for infectious disease specialists, for researchers in the pharmaceutical industry, and also for students.
- Provides a comprehensive compendium for antibiotherapy
- Includes many chapters offering expanded coverage of new categories of antibiotics
- Offers numerous illustrations to help the reader easily understand the topics discussed
- Features contributions by more than fifty international experts working in the field
- Presents appendixes that include everything from definitions and acronyms to information on industry web sites and literature
Hardcover, 705 pages, full-color insert, illustrations, index.